Do you have two minutes?
BECAUSE THAT IS HOW LONG IT TAKES TO CUSTOM-FIT YOUR SOVA NIGHTGUARD!
Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions, and after about 2 minutes you’ll end up with a highly customized mouth guard.
- Hot, but not boiling, water (160 °F)
- Fork or similar utensil
- Wash your hands and the material with soap and water.
- Heat water to about 140°F (60°C) for example in a kettle, on the stove top or in a microwave oven. Immerse the mouthguard in hot, but not boiling water until the material becomes soft and pliable. Then lift up the material with a fork or your fingers. Please note that the colored mouthguard may take a little longer to soften.
- Hold the soft material as shown in the picture. DO NOT LET IT FOLD!
- Bite down gently on the solid front bar then press the tongue against the material to hold it in place.
- Use a mirror. Mold it against the front of the teeth with your fingertips and up on the sides to the gum line to create the shield. Make sure most of the material is on the outside of the teeth. The material will not extend to the gum line.
- Close the lips over the mouthguard and gently create suction until the material has hardened. This will ensure a snug fit within a minute or so. If you are not satisfied with the result just slip the mouthguard back in the water, let it soften and straighten out and then start over.
Unhappy with your fit? NO PROBLEM! Every SOVA nightguard is remoldable up to 20 times. Simply place your formed SOVA back in the hot water, let it soften and straighten out, and there you go! Time for Round 2.
Here’s a list of things to consider when fitting your SOVA:
- Use water that is hot to the touch to activate your mouthguard
- Mold your SOVA around all of your teeth (including molars)
- Mold the material to cover entire tooth surface area
- Suck in air gently, creating a snug but still comfortable fit
DON'T DO THIS:
- Use boiling water to mold your SOVA!
- Leave your back teeth exposed!
- Overly stretch the material, creating too-large perforations
- Suck-in air too enthusiastically, creating a fit that’s too tight.
Should you encounter a problem at any point during the fitting process, please contact our team at email@example.com.